Solventbased, UV-curable and Latex Inks
DIALUX SI 438
Translucent polyester film, printable on one side for light boxes and other backlit displays.
- Brilliant, true colour reproduction with or without back lighting (Day&Night).
- Perfect flatness
- Low-reflective printing surface
|Core Diameter||76 mm|
|Packing quantity ||1 roll|
- Useable on most large format Ink Jet printers using latex inks.
- Useable on most large format Ink Jet printers using UV curing ink systems.
- SI 438 should be printed with stretchable UV-curable inks. We don’t recommend standard UV-curable inks since the colour layer could possibly crack after printing or during further processing.
- It is necessary to set the UV-curing correctly in order to avoid a deformation of the film due to the heat generated by the UV-lamp.
- High air humidity during the printing process may lead to banding in the printing direction and to striations in the printed image caused by the transport or by the press rolls.
- Note for Latex-Inks:
To avoid the effect of rewetting (oil film on the print surface due to defective anchorage of ink) it is necessary to establish the optimal drying parameter. This can be done by means of print tests before production print. Rewetting can appear several days after printing when the drying condtions are defective. The rewetting can also be dependent on the given ambient conditions and the composition and consistence of the printing theme. When creating a media profile, this circumstance must be expressly taken into consideration.
- After printing the remaining roll must be removed from the plotter and stored in its closed original packing in a cool and dry environment.